Interested in service? Whether you enjoy working with children or promoting sustainability efforts in Greenville, there's always a way for you to get involved. We've compiled a list of our service areas to help you find a service opportunity that matches your passion for helping others.
Our service division has a passion for animals. We volunteer and provide care in local shelters.
- Greenville Humane Society
- Animal Outreach & Pet Therapy
By working with the elderly, homeless, kids, and families in need, our division aims to serve the people of Greenville.
- Triune Mercy Center
- Military Families
- Hands on Greenville
- Woodlands Music Program
- Woodlands Tech Program
- Woodlands/FUSE (Furman University Student Exchange)
- Miracle Hill
- United Ministries
- Project Host
- Habitat for Humanity
- LITE House
- Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club
- Miracle League
- Brunton Town Community Center
As the newest initiative within Heller Service Corps, the Crisis Center Division aims to assist local families and individuals struggling with abuse and neglect.
- Pendleton Place
- Julie Valentine Center
- Greenville Rescue Mission
- Safe Harbor
- Children's Program "Survivor of Suicide"
From elementary classrooms to college applications, our division is making an impact in Greenville's schools.
- Alexander Elementary School
- Armstrong Elementary School
- Berea Elementary School
- Berea Middle School
- Duncan Chapel Elementary School
- Monaview Elementary School
- Greenville Literacy
- SC CAN GO Program: (Greenville County's 14 High Schools)
- Frazee Dream Center
- Men of Distinction (Berea Middle School)
- Ladies of Distinction (Berea Middle School)
- Heritage Elementary Lunch Buddies
- Legacy Charter School
- LEAD Academy
- Junior Achievement
- Lakeview Middle School Mentoring Program
- Luther Church of Our Savior Afterschool Tutoring Program
Hispanic Community Engagement
Partnering with Furman academic departments and afterschool programs, our service area reaches out to families and children within the Hispanic community.
Working in clinics is just one part of serving in the medical field. Our division works with local hospitals and medical facilities to ensure families receive the service that they need.
- Taylors Free Medical Clinic
- Greenville Free Medical Clinic
- North Greenville Hospital
- Greenville Memorial Hospital
- Red Cross
- Care for Aids
- GMH Children's Hospital
- Girls on the Run
Our service area provides positive role models to local children and teens by providing tutoring, mentoring, and coaching.
Our students serve people with a range of mental or physical disabilities.
- Washington Center
- Camp Spearhead
- A Child's Haven
- Meyer Center
- Mental Health of America
Collaborating with Furman's Shi Center for Sustainability and community gardens, our division promotes living a more environmentally aware lifestyle.
- Shi Center & Botany Specialist
- Community Gardens & Gardening for Good
Living a health lifestyle involves more than your eating habits. Our service area promotes wellness in all aspects for all ages.